Monday, July 14, 2008

2 4 > JJ

Tulalip $1/2 session was uneventful: had some big hands, delivered some sick river beats, sucked out on the river a couple times. Ended a 10 hour session when the last $1/2 table broke with a $5 profit. Yipee. Incredibly, I was at the first $1/2 table started 10 hours prior. I like marathon sessions.

...which is why, on the way home, I stopped off for a $2-40 spread game that's usually super-soft at these hours. I quickly (20 minutes) am up to $300 (bought in for $200), and within a couple hours I'm up over $400.

Yea, it's that soft.

One player who is likely the best player at the table (big-time gamboooler too) raises to $8 UTG. 3 callers to me on the button with 2 4 offsuit. Imagining him with AA and a flop of A35, I decide to see a flop (bottom-feeding as others likely have broadway-type cards).

Boy, what a flop:

FLOP: 2 4 7 rainbow (woo-hoo!!!)
UTG bets $20. I raise $to $55, UTG calls.

TURN: [2 4 6 ] 9
UTG checks. I bet $40, UTG calls.

RIVER: [2 4 6 9] 5
UTG checks. I bet $40 UTG calls.

I announce 2 pair and show the duece four. UTG shows 2 jacks and practically cuts the felt he threw it down so hard. He walks away from the table to take a breather, and I hear him saying to no one in particular "I can't believe he calls with two f*@k'n four."

"Creative call," one of the players say to me.

I love what this does to my table image.

No comments: