Friday, April 3, 2009

Vegas Tomorrow!!!

I'm SO incredibly psyched to get to Vegas tomorrow! As much for the weather as for the action; it's been cold as balls in the Emerald City so far this spring (snow twice this week).

I've briefly contemplated playing $2/$5, but I don't think I'm psychologically ready for that; nor do I have the roll for that. According to some Vegas regulars, the $1/$3 at Wynn plays similarly to a loose AC $2/$5, so I may check that out. Last trip to Vegas I played the $1/$3 at Ceasars and found it to be quite action-packed. I'll start small, though, with an afternoon session at Venetian $1/$2.

We've got a couple shows lined up, too. X-Burlesque at Flamingo (girlfriend's request), and Zumanity at NY NY (my request). I think we're skipping the strip clubs this trip: the girlfriend didn't like the sounds of the non-fully-nude hands-off rules that sounded pretty standard there.

This is my second trip to Vegas, and the first time I'll be in a gambling situation with a girlfriend, who doesn't really gamble that much (she'll lose some money on nickle slots it sounds like). My other trip was solo, and I just played as much poker as I could stand, and used some of the profit to buy high-end show tickets, slept very little, and ate at random times. This trip may become a balancing act with spending time with the SO and playing poker, especially if the games are good.

On the other hand, having a set time to meet later in the afternoon/evening could make for a better time, too: as much as I love long sessions, breaking it up into a couple 4 hour sessions may be better for my mental health (and maybe even for my game). I mean - this is a vacation to enjoy myself, and rest, and have fun; my brain becoming mush because I've sat at the tables for 16 hours straight is hardly a way to relax before spring quarter starts on Wednesday.

It's so far a boring, boring workday with little to do. If I could get away with leaving early, I'd be outta here after lunch. Or now.

We shoulda left today...

1 comment:

BWoP said...

GL!

If you do want to play $2/$5, go to MGM. Softest $2/$5 in town.