Thursday, June 18, 2009

Quick

Grandpa passed away overnight. Amazing how fast he went. Monday I was on the phone with him, ready to book a flight the following week to visit, and when I told him flights were $950 he said "I'm not THAT sick - check later dates." Tuesday afternoon he was put in the hospital, in a lot of pain and difficulty breathing. He was heavily sedated, and comfortable. Wednesday afternoon my mom arrived and reported he was still heavily sedated, and was going to ask the doctor today to keep him less sedated so he could at least talk and visit. 4am local time, he passed away.

Cancer's a bitch. 48 hours after telling me he's not that sick, he's dead. I'm still in shock I think. Heading to Florida tomorrow for the funeral and to be with family.

*sigh*

3 comments:

Riggstad said...

My condolence Mike. Thoughts and prayers my man

lightning36 said...

Sorry to hear. May you be blessed with good memories that last your entire life.

Shrike said...

Belated sympathy for your loss.

-PL