Saturday, June 14, 2008

...and again...

Got another Round 2 ticket tonight. Final hand was the funniest thing ever.

It'd been 3-handed for a while: 1 big stack, and other dude and I were switching between 2nd and 3rd in chips (big swings). I had just taken a big hit and was down to about 55,000. Button had about 130,000 and BB had about 150,000.

Last hand button goes all-in. I've got Ad 3h. It's probably a calling situation, but I'm willing to take my chances next hand and be the pusher rather than the caller.

Then, the funniest thing happens: The chipleader in the BB, who only covers the button by about 20K, calls!!

BB shows AKs, button shows A9o; king on the rainbow flop seals the deal.

I was very surprised that the bb called there as they both had me severely outchipped, and I would likely be all-in bad during one of these upcoming hands. Guess he saw his shot, and took it.

All I had to do to get into the top 2 was fold!

So I've got 2 shots at round 2. I also got down to the final 13 in another, and busted in 24th in another.


No comments: