Saturday, June 21, 2008

Tulalip $1/2 - hands of the night

Good session last night. I got caught in many bluffs; gotta keep reminding myself not to bluff idiots who don't know how to fold.

Hand 1:

Villain (UTG, $125): very loose, has made a ton of really odd calls, even called a $35 (3/4 pot bet) river bet from me with ace high (and yes, he won the pot). He's been playing 90% of the pots, and seemingly ATC. The hand right before this one, he limped in 2nd position, Hero raised from position with QJo, Villain re-popped to $22; I folded.

Hero (hijack, $200): Not affraid to re-raise from position, takes stabs at a lot of pots (it's a brand new table so I'm not scared of keeping a wild, loose image... perhaps same thing UTG is doing?).

Villain limps, folds to me 9c 9s. I raise to $8. Button calls; Villain re-pops to $25. I say "two big limp/re-raise hands in a row? OK, I'll play." SB folds.

FLOP: 2d 5s 7h

Villain bets $25.
I just don't think he's got anything. AK at best, c-betting. I know, though, that I'm facing a big bet on the turn (He's only got about $75 behind), so this is either push or fold.
HERO: "All in"

Villain looks at his hand, shrugs, and says, "Ah, what the hell," and calls

Villain turns over QJo (?!?!?!?!?!). Turn and river brick out, and I collect a good size pot due to a good read and a very loose call.



Hand 2:
Villain (LP, $200): good, thinking player. Likes to talk strategy at the table (I just nod my head and say "uh-huh"...). Confident, aggressive.
Hero: (LP+1, $300): aggressive, caught in some bluffs trying to steal-raise on dry boards; I'm raising and re-raising a ton of pots, though, many successfully so I've got splashing-around-chips. I should have a fairly tricky image.

One limper, folds to Villain who pops to $8. I look down at 7s Ts, and decide to call; limper calls.

FLOP: Tc 7d 3s

Limper: Checks
Villain: Bets $16.
Hero: Raises to $45(hope he's got an overpair)
Limper folds.
Villain begins stacking up his chips like he's going all-in. He looks at me and says "Are you serious? I've got a huge hand here." I say "If you're gonna raise me just get it all in now." He asks if I'll call, and I say more than likely (meaning YES YES YES!)
Villain just calls.
(POT: ~$110)

TURN: [Tc 7d 3s] Th
Villain: looks at it and says "Should I check?" I say "What the hell do you have?" He says "All in"
HERO (of course) INSTA-calls...

Villain turns over 77 for 7's full of T's; Hero turns over T7 for T's full of 7's.

*whew* Had no idea I was behind there; I was sure he was sitting on KK there, esp after my flop raise and he says, "Are you serious?"

What's that saying about rather being lucky than good? I'll take both :)

No comments: