Monday, August 4, 2008

Aces never win...

Tulalip $1/$3 "No limit" game.

Part 1:
It's deep into the session; the player to my right is a huge fish with a $1,100 chip stack (don't ask). I'm sitting on the button with around $900, and am doing everything in my power to get into pots with the fish. Dude in the BB is a new player, very casual player, with about $250.

MP limper, Fish McFish limps, I limp with Ks Js, SB completes, BB raises to $20. MP folds, Fish calls. My hand is pretty weak, but instead of thinking of this as 2 broadway cards, I'm playing this as a suited 1-gapper; in other words, I'm not looking to hit just top pair - I need straights and flushes and two pair for this hand to be worthwhile. If Fish mucked, so did I: I was looking for reasons to get into pots with him. He had about $1600 just a couple hours back, and he's been slowly leaking that money around the table; I want my share!

3 to the flop, $60 in the pot.

FLOP:
K2J rainbow

BB bets out $50. Fish folds (oh well). I raise to $125. BB hesitates, then calls.

TURN:
[K2J] 5

BB goes all-in. I call.

River:
[K2J5] J.

BB turns over AA. I show KJ for the full house.

Easy game.

------------------------------

Part 2:
I'm UTG with AA, and I raise to $15. Guy in the cut-off (thinking player, aggressive) puts in $10. He didn't realize there was a raise, so then he just tosses in another $5 chip. Button calls, BB calls. 4 to the flop, $60 in the pot.

FLOP:
Qh 5h 8s

BB checks. I bet $75 (lotta flush chasers at this level, want to price them out, as I don't have the ace of hearts). Cut-off raises all-in for $100 more. Folds to me, I call.

Turn and river are meaningless.

I turn over aces for one pair. Cut off turns over QQ for flopped top set.

So freakin' rigged...

No comments: