Wednesday, August 27, 2008

ooops...

Tulalip $1/$3 game.

As my last post was about following my gut (thanks for the correction riggs), here's one where I followed my gut almost to my own detriment...

I'd been moved to this table about an hour ago. A guy 2 to my right was seemingly raising/re-raising every 3rd hand, playing super aggro. After a while I'd decided at some point I'd make a stand against him, as there's no way he's getting that many hands. No way. I just hadn't been able to even closely connect with the board, and I hadn't found a hand yet that I'd be able to intelligently call a 3-bet shove (which he did liberally) so re-popping was often out of the question.

Villain
had approx. $250 (he'd recently lost a hudge chunk of his stack in a set-over-set matchup - it was close to a $1K pot). I had just about $300.

MP raises to $10. Villain calls, I call on the button with 5d 7d (one of my favorite types of hands).

FLOP: Td 7h 6s


MP checks
Villain bets $25
HERO: calls (middle pair in position is worth seeing a turn here)
MP folds

Pot: $80
TURN: [Td 7h 6s] 4d

Villain bets $50

I don't think he has anything. Why? I just don't know... I think he plays 2 overs the same way here, especially since he's bet me out of every pot we've been in together, which likely makes me look weak/passive. I've got a big draw here, though, so I'm going with it. I "tank," count out chips, and announces all-in. Villain insta-calls. 'Ooops,' I think to myself.

RIVER: [Td 7h 6s 4d] 5c

Villain shows Kc Ks
HERO shows 5d 7d for two pair.

Who would've thunk he had a real hand this time? Granted, I had a HUDGE draw (9 diamonds, 2 7's, 3 5's, 3 trey's, 3 8's = 20 outs), but still...

No comments: