Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I run damn good

Tulalip $1 / $3

Hero ($1300). LP. Last 1/3 table going, and I've been playing well, running well, and playing against idiots who apparently hate money.

SB ($600). Straight-forward player; won a huge pot with quads a while back. Nothing fancy, typical player.

UTG ($25). Tulalip bartender who's been waiting and waiting for the nuts, blinding off and chasing stuff.

Bunch of limpers, so I decide to see a flop with QTo. Shut up, it's a weak ass hand, I know, but more likely than not everyone will miss, I'll bet, everyone will fold, money comes my way. Been doing it all night.

Pot: $18
FLOP: Jc Qc Th rainbow.

Unlikely AK is out there, as it's been limped. SB bets $12, UTG pushes all -in. I've got top two, and don't want any more flush draws in there, so I bump it to $75. Folds to SB who calls.

Pot: $190
TURN: [Th Jc Qc] Tc

SB checks. I bet out $150. The flush got there, so I hope he's got the nut flush. When the SB calls, it smells like a flush. Sweeeeet!

Pot: $490

RIVER: [Th Jc Qc Tc] Qd

Kind of an unfortunate river, as if he had a Q we're now chopping. SB checks. I fire out $250 (in green $25 chips). SB shows 7c 8c and folds. Apparently, he was looking for the 9c (or was hoping I'd stop betting and that his flush was good). UTG turns over AK for the flopped straight (well played, and no - she wasn't looking for a limp reraise). I turn over QT for da boat.

$490 in a limped pot. not bad, not bad at all....

2 comments:

lightning36 said...

Q-T is da shitz, especially when sooted. It is amazing how hard that hand seems to hit flops. Limper's paradise.

Shrike said...

I should point out that QT on a QJT flop is *not* top two pair; it's top-and-bottom pair.

Nice pot just the same!