Thursday, August 23, 2007

Busto Mookie, Segundo Dookie

So these blogger tourny's I've played in just kinda get me riled a bit. I get tired of ppl making moves that I know have GOT to be steals, yet I just don't have enough to risk against it. Or other such stuff. Tonight I played well I thought. Lost some after the start, gained some back - still below average, but with a healthy stack I picked up AKs in MP, & standard raise. Button, with about half my stack shoves. Folds to me, I call - AQ. Q on the flop seals it for him.

Worst part about this? Afterwards, he says in chat, "Sorry gsw, I had a bad feeling you were going to flip over AK, too." Nothin' like rubbin' salt into the wounds.

Yada yada yada some hands later I've been going backwards, & pick up 10 10 in the BB. Button makes a standard raise (thieving I fiugre), I shove - button calls with KK, thanks gg.

Busted JUST in time for the start of the Dookie HORSE tourny. Give me razz, Stud Hi & structured betting & I can do quite well. As a matter of fact:


For most of the tourny I hovered in the top 5. By the time we got heads-up I was so severely outchipped that it would've taken a miracle. And no miracles tonight, ladies and gents. I was, however, quite happy with a 2nd place finish. Almost all of the 3-handed play I sat back and blinded out; it looked like riggstad was on a mission to bust himself so I figured I'd let him (I got a bit cold-decked too). Last game we played was Stud Hi/Lo which is probably my weakest game, so it was only fitting I should go out on that one.

I may start entering some more stud tournaments actually -- I played one two weeks ago on tilt (their weekend forum tourny, top 3 prizes were $26 tokens, & a little cash for 4-6). For the vast majority of the tournament I was the leader. There's something about that game that makes it that much easier for me to try to pull off bluffs: even if I have garbage underneath, I see the other guy has garbage up and just attack him. Well that tourny I ended up out in 5th (blinds get so high that one bad hand and you're crippled); but it was fun and I played really well. In tonight's Dookie the two games I collected the most chips during were Stud Hi and Razz.

Perhaps it's time to branch out of Hold'em games.

1 comment:

Riggstad said...

Trying to bust myself? No, that was in the Mookie! not the Dookie!

I just got ran down too many times form cayne! good stuff though...

I highly suggest the PLO sng tournies... 8 person $5... have fun!