Saturday, August 4, 2007

emotions

I'm playing a tiny heads-up game, with an uber-aggressive opponent, who's been shoving a bunch preflop, and a lot of stop and go's after calling my button raises. A LOT. Enough so that he's either completely card racking, or stealing left and right. I'm down to about 900, and honestly tired of his shoves - know I need to take a stand at some point, so finally he shoves from the button, I have A9s, and I call. I know, not a powerhouse, but honestly if I kept on waiting for a huge hand, I was gonna be low enough in chips that doubling through would only put me with 1k or so. So I called. What does he have? 44. I'm not in too bad a shape:

*** FLOP *** [6d 8d 7c]

top pair, woo-hoo!

*** TURN *** [6d 8d 7c] [7s]

He's dead to 6 outs....

*** RIVER *** [6d 8d 7c 7s] [5d]

...and hits it....

Now, this wasn't that bad... I took a chance, the flop bailed me out, the river bailed him out. No biggie. I needed to take a stand when doubling-up would put me back in the race, not put me just above life-support.

But this is the part I didn't get... afterwards, he types "fu." ?!?! What's that about? I had already typed "gg" so I write, "what's that for?" to which he replies, "that was a weak call."

Fine, I made what seemed to him a weak call; I'm getting short stacked; I know I have to take a stand at some point, so I did. And then he tells me fuck you?! For whatever reason, this pissed me off enough that I had to take a breather. I was going to jump into another HU match, but I was steaming over that. I don't know why; I don't care who this dude is, but I just don't like someone telling me 'fuck you' after a decent heads-up battle. Call me old-fashioned, but most of my games end with me telling those still left "gg / gl," not "fu." It got me riled up, though, which means that I need to take a look at why that bothered me so much.

Little fucker....

... at least the breather gave me time to eat some ice cream and sign up for the Ferguson $1 donkament.

No comments: