Friday, August 10, 2007

Holy Cold Deck, Batman!

After the past week, slowly adding over $100 to my online roll at the lowest of low limits (.25/.50), I just logged a -$48.90, 450-hand session. I ended up losing more than 1/2 of that on one .50/1 limit table. There was a guy playing every hand...literally every hand... and showed down so many hands that held up it was sick (including a 6-2 suited that he played capped preflop, capped flop, and caught runner-runner clubs to crack my aces!).

Out of all the straight draws I had over that many hands, I hit one. ONE. I mean - I did flop a couple, too, which got no action on my bets. About 5 times I had OESD + a flush draw, and didn't hit any of it!

I get emotional easily. It's not even the bad beats, it's the assholes who tell me not to call his raises with "crap," calling my 89soooted crap vs his ace-rag soooted (again, pair PLUS OESD on the flop, and he rivered - rivered - the flush, calling all of my raises 'till the river with nothing but a diamond draw). He started to lecture me as to how crappy a hand that is; and then...

You know what? It doesn't freakin' matter. He plays any suited ace, and any suited king, and likes playing them. I like to play suited connectors and suited gappers, and even raise with them. That's the way I play, and that's cool. I think I'll have better results in the long run by playing those hands strongly, in position, and tossing my soooted ace-rags (maybe the occasional one to mix-it-up, etc)...

I let myself get bothered by this dude enough that I started looking for tables without him (found a couple) sitting, and played there (after, of course, muting the dick). I just gotta let that shit roll. Or turn off chat.

I think next round I turn off chat.

And I'll play only two tables. Or maybe one .50/1, and play tight. Whatever. I need to eat some ice cream now though. And chill out a little more.

No comments: