Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Donks ITM

So very early in Sit n go's if I get AA or KK I raise BIG, to either win the small pot preflop, or narrow it down to exactly one person who's willing to gamble (got this from Scott Fischman's book). SO, first hand of a 6-seat sit n go:

Dealt to gsw61515 [Ac Ah]
COSMIXLIDES folds
Tree Smacker folds
gsw61515 raises to 300
Be-like-Billy folds
og monster76 folds
penny1550 has 15 seconds left to act
penny1550 calls 270

This is an interesting development, as I should soon be winning a bigger pot, or even doubling through.

*** FLOP *** [Js Tc 3d]
penny1550 bets 30 <--- What's with the bet of 30?
gsw61515 raises to 1,200, and is all in <--- overbet in hopes of doubling
penny1550 calls 1,170, and is all in <--- woops - pocket jacks? oh well...

gsw61515 shows [Ac Ah]
penny1550 shows [8d Jd] <-- that's right, top pair WEAKASS kicker, gutshot str draw

*** TURN *** [Js Tc 3d] [2h] <---- safety
*** RIVER *** [Js Tc 3d 2h] [Jh] <-- heartbreak

Done and done, thanks to the awesome preflop and flop calls of penny1550. In hindsight I could have raised instead of just shoved, but I would them shove the blank on the turn, and I believe this dude would still probably have called. Maybe not. Next time I'll play this type of situation differently, and wait for the turn to shove.

-----------------------------

NEXT UP....built up a big lead, and I've been folding for the last 2 levels (except for one flop that I mucked after a min bet). Finally, get something decent, especially 3-way: AJ. I raise 3x's the BB, other guy shoves. What do I do? Of course I call - he's been playing every other hand, there's nothing that says this hand is anything special... I'll spare you the description, see for yourself:



Sure, someone who hasn't played a single hand in 10 minutes comes to life, and you shove queen fucking eight?! Brilliant move, Norsker, brilliant. For the hell of it, I asked what made him decide to shove back at me? He said he knew his cards were live, and that was all he could ask for. Hey, man, whatever you need to believe to justify your play - go for it.

So just a tad later, preflop action, the shortstacked button shoves, Norsker smooth-calls. I've got AQs, I reshove hoping to isolate, and calls Norsker calls with...... ahh, I don't even wanna say.... see for yourself...




Norsker & penny1550: god BLESS you and I hope to see you at my table again SOON!

No comments: