Thursday, September 6, 2007

Heads UP!

1. After reading this post from fuel55, I decided to test out the small-ball HU deal. Longest HU sng I've played: 76 hands. I played carefully, selectively, and well. I'm happy with it. Not my typical "let's get this over right now" deal (one I played last week was over the first hand, but that happens when you flopp a boat and your opponent gets married to their KK :) )

2. I had been running really awful at limit lately, and took a break. For the hell of it the other night I decided to open a speed table and try to play HU (which at times turned to 3 handed), and did amazingly well. Again, careful but strong play here can yield big results. At .25/.50 I banked $22 in about 30 minutes. Last night, played for about 20 minutes and banked about $10. Tonight I played 20 minutes and ended down $2. I dig the HU & 3-way limit games big time. When the tables filled to more than 3, I'd sit out, open a new table and hope for some more HU. I wish tilt would allow HU tables at all levels, not just mid-upper.

Thursday is the Riverchaser's tournament on Fulltilt; 9pm easetern, $10+1. These things are soft enough that even I can win one :)

1 comment:

Fuel55 said...

It sure frustrates your average opponent doesnt it?