Friday, November 16, 2007

Aussie freeroll sickness

These hands happened about 4 minutes apart in separate Aussie freerolls:

First one didn't bust me, just crippled me down to <300; dude pot-bet the flop, I jammed (one player to act behind - wasn't really trying to close them out, ppl call with insane hands in these things; I was more over betting for value. I don't have a monster, but if I'm against a flush draw I'm favored; no preflop raise so no AK, and if he has KQ then bad luck). Other guy folded:


Gotta love the runner-runner.

Wait, what's that? Runner-runner, you say? Well, let me just show you what happened about 3 minutes later in the other tourny:

After a min-bet on the flop, I jammed (again - over betting for value in these things, at least until the final table, is essential as people will call you when they're WAY behind often enough. And again, I'm not holding a monster, but due to preflop action it was safe to assume I was ahead here, and possibly against a flush draw, which apparently I was). When the cards were shown, I said (aloud) "Two more clubs would do it." I got my wish.

No comments: