Thursday, November 15, 2007

J10o

Short micro-limit session tonight. Made one bad call on the river on my 2nd hand, where I was 97% sure I was beat, yet still called the min-raise. That hand brought me from $10 down to $7. I hovered around there for a while. Thankfully, though, there are players who always believe top pair is the nuts.

On the button, J10o. Connectors are great to see a cheap flop with, so after a couple limpers I limped on the button, SB completed BB checked.

Cut-off pot-bet for $.50, I used the convenient "Bet Pot" button and bumped it to $2. I was worried that was too much, but no problem - all others folded, he called. When he bet the turn I shoved, and was called:


I wasn't worried about him holding an ace, as he'd have raised preflop with AnyAce. I thought there was a good chance we'd be splitting (after the flop action I put him on KJ, KQ or QJ), so I figured it was perfectly safe to get it all in, as if he's got the dumb end too then he may worry about the ace. No choppy-chop this time!

No comments: