Friday, February 8, 2008

Creative call of the night

I'm UTG+1. UTG raises to $0.35, I re-pop to $1 with QQ. Folds to UTG who calls.

Now, UTG is kind of short-stacked: only started with $2.35 or so (and I'm around $17), so I had decided before the flop that I'd insta-call a shove preflop, so I'm committed to a showdown here. If he had a bigger stack, I'd have played postflop much more carefully. But since I would've called a shove pre, I figure there's not gonna be many flops I'll fold to.

Flop comes J6K rainbow. I don't like the K out there, but again - I'm calling the extra $1.5 or whatever anyway. UTG shoves as I expected, and I call. I figured maybe he out-flopped me with AK, but he could have AJ, AQ, and I could still be very good here. But I lose the pot. NOT AK. Not JJ. Not 66. Nope. See for yourself:


I was a;ready resigned to losing the hand anyway. But it wouldn't have sucked so much if the dude didn't call with king freaking jack offsuit!!!

No comments: