Saturday, February 9, 2008

Fold of the day

Lost 1 buy-in today; at the same time I played about as good as I can. How's that possible? Variance. I was correct in most all of my reads, yet was cold decked too often.

Playing well isn't all about winning pots, but has to be combined with not losing too much when vulnerable.

I'm UTG, and get JJ. Not the best position for jacks, I pot raise and hope it folds around. MP calls, LP calls, button re-pots it (~$2). It feels kinda pinchy, given the two limpers could easily be dead money. He had to give some thought to the raising from UTG (right?), so while I'm tempted to get stubborn and shove, I fold. MP and LP both call, which puts them all in. Look at this board:

I obviously correctly read the situation. The amazing thing to me, though, is the other two in the pot. Called all-in with KQo and 89s!! Wow.

Dream situation for AA.


Here's a great cold-deck example. AA in the SB, 1 limper, folds around and I raise to $0.35, BB folds, limper calls. I bet the flop, limper raises, I raise enough to put him all in, and he calls:


Well played, sir: never mind the limp/call a raise preflop, but top pair / 2nd kicker all in? Brilliant move. Call me like that every time, please!!!

No comments: