Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Finding the rythm

Last night I proved to myself something that I have been suspecting: I've been playing way too timidly. I played micro-limit .05/.10 6-handed. Sat down with $4. Left with $12, and that's after being down to uner $2 at one point.

What did I change? If I limped in 5% of the hands I played it was alot. I either came in for a raise, or if it was a raised pot I would either re-raise OOP, or sometimes smooth call in position. I raised my 5h 6h the same way, and in the same position, as I raised my pocket aces. In general, I was much more aggressive, yet still tight. I backed down to some reraises when I had medium strength hands; on the river I'd call big bets with strong but vulnerable hands... since I started back online, I would not be willing to bet or call river bets if there was a possible flush/straight/etc and I had 2 pair or another strong hand. Last night was different: yea, I wasn't donking my chips off when I thought I was beat, but I took my own advice: I stopped giving my opponents credit for strong hands each time they bet/raised on a scary board.

I'm looking forward to bringing this into tournament play as well. Until Vegas I'll be concentrating much more on cash games (even the micro-limits are an OK warmup & practice for me), but I'll still be playing some tourny's and sit n goes. Matter of fact, I may play in
The Mookie tonight, if my other plans for this evening collapse (and they look as if they will). I'd like to get some revenge on those goddamned dirty bloggers for pushing me around during my first RPT online event.

No comments: