Friday, July 13, 2007

Movin' out

I've got to stop playing those 2.25 sit n goes - I think it's put a severe dent in my game. Sure, it's an OK way to kill some time, but I find I don't focus much on them - I surf the web, switch back to the game window from time-to-time, watch every now and again... and sure once it's down to 3 or 4 I give it more attention, but not a heckuva lot. And the play there is quite horrible, which isn't necessarily bad per se, but I'm affraid I may have inadvertently incorporated some superdonk play into my own game.

I don't know why, but my stats show pitiful results in the $5 games. I've mentioned before that my ROI is great for $2, horrible for $5, and great for $10.

Oh, btw, I'm not runnin' quite as bad as I had been - last weekend I picked up one win, another handful of 2nds, and just tonight I picked up a 2nd in a $5 sit n go.

I remember now!! I even remember talking to some people about it -- how once I moved from the $5 games to the $10 games, I found the competition in the higher games easier than the $5 games. And I've found the competition in the $2 easier than the $5 games. The sit n go I played tonight was honestly one of the toughest I've been in in a long time. Sure, when we were down to 4 (3 pay), and I was 3rd in chips, I wanted to scream at the two big stacks for playing like pussies against the super-short stack - it was sickening how they kept limping in the short stacks big blind, and each time he'd push all in and they'd fold. HELLO?!!! If I'm the one limping and getting pushed out of the pot, you'd better believe the next time I limp I'll have a MONSTER just begging you to come over the top!

anyways....I'm tired, bed time. More about some hands later. I still can't believe once we're down to 3, that my reraise push with JJ was called, by the big stack, with A7o! Jacks held up. Oh, and final hand: Find AKo on the button - raise 4x's bb; min re-raised to me, I push and he instacalls and shows......TWOS! Imaging putting 1/2 your chips in jeopardy on TWOS!!! Maybe the dude was reading the poker news live reporting where Gus Hansen called an all-in with twos and won!

No comments: