Friday, July 13, 2007

Friday the 13th

Who calls an all-in with K 3?! I don't CARE that they were suited! I'm not angry, not in the least - I'm talking about a $2.25 sit n go. And the same dude that called with that -- twice, mind you! -- was also perfectly happy calling two river bets with ace high and king high, respectively (he lost those two, btw). I'll set up the first K3 hand for you:
4 left; I'm 3rd in chips with around 900, 4th in chips had about 500, El Donko has roughly 4500. I find QQ on the button. Last in chips folds, I push, there's a slight pause and he calls with Kc3c. 2 clubs on the flop, and thank GOD no river club. Now, mind you, the only hands that have been shown of mine have been QQ, 66, AK, K7 (from big blind); early in the tourny I called out two players hands (KQ is good) and after I mucked they both proved me right - so I'd imagine I have at least a modicum of respect from these clowns. I'm doubled up, and thankful the sooootedness convinced the dude to call with crap like that.

After the short stack busts, I raised once to collect blinds, and folded for an orbit and a half. I then find AdJd on the button, and decide to push with this. I'm around 1300, he's around 6000. Perhaps I make a bad move with this, but with the blinds at 150/300, even a min raise puts me with 700 back, so I push. He pauses and then calls - with Kd3d! I mean, flush is probably out of the question, but all I gotta do is avoid a K or a 3 and I'm golden! Flop: Qd 4s Ks. I'm behind, but I can catch one of 3 aces or 3 10's to win Turn is a 9d, which gives me 3 aces, 3 10's, or 4 diamonds to win. 7c on the river and I'm done.

I mean - sure, it wasn't huge for him, but how do you call off 25% of your stack here with what ammounts to a flush draw and a high card/no kicker hand?!

I can tell you how: play a $2.25 sit n go where it feels like you paid to get in in pennies..

No comments: