Thursday, October 4, 2007

Death of a Computer

I guess it was bound to happen sooner or later... my computer has served me well; I've had it for about 7 years (including some upgrades to it). And now, today, it seems to finally have died. Possibly hard drive failure, possibly the motherboard crapping out (which, btw, I've been worried about for about 6 months when for no reason it started complaining of keyboard problems on every boot).

SO - no RPT tourny for me tonight, I'll be out computer shopping. Also, no poker for me this weekend, and for at least a short while afterwards: a nice chunk of my bankroll is going towards a new machine. And I'd rather wait and replenish my roll by saving than playing with a short roll and "scared money."

Why so urgent, you ask? Well, besides it being a staple of my daily off-work entertainment, I am scheduled to work on Saturday - work which I can do from home. So instead of taking the extended-long bus trip (extended due to awful weekend bus hours for the commuter busses), I definitely need to get something up and running at my place tonight!

No comments: