Saturday, October 13, 2007

late night micro-limit session

Hadn't played in ages - just no interest, no idea why. But I logged on out of boredom tonight, and saw millerd33 was at a .05/.10 table. I watched a crazed lunatic at the table shoving with utter crap over and over, and promptly took a seat. This dude is open-shoving $25 when there's nothing but the blinds in the pot!! I'm just waiting - waiting! - to be able to take advantage of this! And it finally comes when I find AJs in the SB and he open-shoves from UTG+1. Unfortunately, fate had other plans:


I forgot that K5o OOP was the new nuts....

No way in hell I'm leaving this table, though - that money is coming back, one way or another.

Here's the other thing: he was a complete loose cannon, and when he shoved I mucked unless I had a monster. Only non-monster hand I contemplated playing against him was when he shoved UTG and I found 1 red 9, and 1 black 9. I was probably ahead, but I had zero invested yet, and was feeling patient enough to wait for a stronger spot. BUT: the rest of the table were such passive pussies!! I had no fear limping in position with 107o, and betting the flop if checked to, and if called firing at the turn if checked to....the vast majority of hands I won at that table were stone bluffs. Not even semi-bluffs. Stayed away from one calling station, but the rest of the table (if the Loose Cannon had folded) was cake! Softie-softie-softie!!

Not too many hands after the K5o hand, things are looking VERY bright: two red aces, in middle position! Dude to my right raises to....something bigger than is appropriate for there only being .15 in the pot - think he raised to 2 bucks or something. Overbetting for value (scroll to Sept 11), I shove (only had like 12 or something anyway). Better yet, Mr. Shove-OOP-with-K5o reshoves!!! And, to my utter joy and excitement, the other dude calls. Talk about the dream-situation for AA v 2 hands, check this out:


Knowing I'm not gonna get drawn out on (save for some weird super unlikely straight) is sweeeeeeet As soon as the cards are flipped up, I thank both of them :) Nice triple up, and quickly ensure an unstuck session unless I self-destruct.

Not sure how much I'll be playing online... probably just a phase, but -- I'm tired of sit n go's, MTTs are a boring grind, and I don't feel like I play online cash games very well (well, except for super-short handed, super-low LIMIT, which is BORING as all get-out). Date tomorrow, and the Pokerstars blogger freeroll Sunday afternoon, so no Tulalip (besides the bankroll took a hit when I dug into it for the new computer). Next Saturday (or Friday - kinda depends on the chick honestly :) ) will find me at the Tulalip. I feel so much better about my live game vs my online game. Maybe it's b/c of the cash game stakes I play (.10/.25) -- maybe I need to move to 1/2....

Will need to decide if I want to try a LAG approach at 1/2, or my typical (and typically profitable) play at 3/5. I'll probably stay with 3/5, but am thinking about at least starting at 1/2 and, even if I lose a buy-in, it'd be good experience. If that happens I'd simply move back to 3/5 and play my usual game. TAG is my style, so playing LAG would be quite a trip -- yet very educational if keep my observation up.

That's a week away, though --no need to decide 'till I get there, but something to mull over, that's for sure.

1 comment:

corron10 said...

were you sweating a 4th club on the rive.. and the King of clubs would have won the whole pot.

For me of late, runner, runner, runner flush's are happening to me. But nice triple.