Saturday, October 27, 2007

short session

Played a short session this afternoon; micro-limit stuff. Patience can pay dividends here. I bought in for $6, then watched two hands where two ppl played such insanely crazy hands all-in that topped off before my first hand: if I get a monster they're gonna pay me off.

Most standard stuff: super weak/tight players. I limped in position with a few junk hands, fired a 1/2 pot bet when checked to to take 'em down - standard. Tried to bluff a hand with 45o & got called down by the 2nd nut hand (only quad 8's would have beat him - can't believe he only check/called the river!). I wasn't too active, but active enough (especially in the first two orbits I sat down, limping into a lot of pots) that I'd have the immediate impression of a loose player.

Find 77o in the cut-off. 2 limpers; dude in MP min-raises to .20, I bump it to .60, one limper calls, MP raiser calls (leaving, btw, .55 back: I was already up about 2 bucks so I'd have called a push from him pre). 3 to the flop:

6c7s8s. EP checks, MP pushes .55 all in; I popped to 2, EP shoves for an additional $3 or $4. Sure, 9 10 has me crushed, but I doubt either of them would play that hand like this: I'm thinking I'm against a big pair, or top pair and a flush draw. I've got a set, and a big pot (for these stakes *grin*) out there, I ain't going anywhere, I call. Check out what they shoved with!!!


Thank you, both, for shoving your draws. :)

This gave me a profit of ~ 8 or 9 bucks; I tightened up, stole a few pots after limping in position with ATC (well, I guess that's not quite tight) and firing at the flop, got bored and quit. I got caught bluffing once, lost about $2.50. Oh, well. I'm trying to learn how to play looser in cash games - I do a good job in live games, but online I feel like it's often more profitable to wait for big hands and over bet for value. It's sometimes hard to get action, though, if ppl notice how tight I've been playing.

No comments: