Tuesday, October 2, 2007

This weekend...it's ON

...though I have to maneuver around a date, and a Saturday work schedule, I am without question hitting the Tulalip this weekend for some $3/5 action... the more I think about my last session there, the more curious I am about what's going on internally when I all the sudden decided to start playing like a pussy (and subsequently left a juicy game because of this)... perhaps it's my severe shortage of NL live games in the past year (besides Vegas I've only played a couple live NL donkaments, one short .25/.50 NL private game, and the rest has been $4/8 or $3/6 limit)....

I'll be monitoring my internal reactions and states of mind the entire time, trying to identify instances where I get oddly nervous or start playing like a wimp. Hopefully those moments will be nonexistent...

1 comment:

Riggstad said...

I tried to post this before so if it duplicates erase one.. but

I think you mean playing scared.. Lets put this into perspective:

you have the bank roll to play these limits.. So lets say you buy for 500...

Lets say you play 10 sessions

without a dount out of these 10 sessions you will crush one and just run shitty in another...

the one you run shitty in you will probably walk away from losing your one buyin (500)

the one you crush, by card racking or hitting everything with your eyes closed you might triple or more so lets say 1500.

the ones in between, if you play your game, which is smart enough to at least sustain minimum gains, will carry you over the long run into a winning player.

However, if you play scared, you will cost yourself more in opportunity than you would ever lose.

So play your game, without thinking of the whatifs? but don't get caught up in the awwfukits!

cant wait to hear how you do