Thursday, October 11, 2007

no desire

I've had practically zilcho desire to play online lately. A few nights ago I played a couple limit tables, trying to win my buy-in for the Mookie (which I did), but that was over 3 different tables, short-handed, leaving once it filled up, and took all of 8 minutes. I love short-handed or HU limit - 3 handed is my favorite for some reason. I feel like I can really control the action and do well at it; I wish I kept better records, but since I mostly gave up full ring-game limit online (and also months ago gave up live limit), and have only played HU or 3-4 way (no more), I have been very profitable. Don't know what happens against fewer people: I know when to pound away at the pot, I know when to fold -- a LOT more so than when I'm against 8 others.

...but I'm getting off my point...

I've had zero desire to play. This used to be my ritual: once I'm back from work, or wherever, I log in, fire up a sit n go or 3, and play 'till bed time. The past two weeks.... not so much... I'm looking forward to next weekend (not this up coming one, but the following one) -- a good chunk of my paycheck will be going to replenish my bankroll (which, if I didn't mention, was raided to buy my fatty new computer), so I'll have a decent cushion to play with. I may even stick to 1/2 --- but knowing the action junkie I am I'll probably stick to 3/5. THOUGH -- it'd be an interesting exercise to specifically play 1/2 and go in with the intent of playing a very LAG style (which has NEVER been my style). Could be good for me, to see "how the other side lives" so-to-speak. And at the max buy-in at 1/2, I could bust through 3 buy-ins for the same as one max buy-in at 3/5. Obviously the cash isn't as big, but -- I'm thinking this could be an interesting exercise.

We'll see -- that's still 10 days away. And obviously if I get sat at a table full of lagtards, joining in would be the worst idea.

Wonder if that's what has killed my desire for online play: I so much prefer live games, and I much prefer cash games over tournaments. Last summer/early fall I had great luck at online cash games (small stake - .50/1 NL); since moving out west I've either had pathetic luck or played like a jackass in online cash games.... but live I've been very happy with my play (well... except for the worst call of my poker-playing life!!!) I enjoy the live interaction and the extra information.

I have enjoyed the big MTT's I've played, but they get to be a big drag. Sit n go's I really enjoy, but I just.... well, I dunno... just haven't had that spark. Oh, well.

Must be that time of the month....

No comments: