Saturday, January 19, 2008

call?!!

...courtesy of PokerNews.com:

Antonio Casale has the button in Seat 3. Alexander Kostritsyn raises to 72,000, Antonio Casale re-raises to 277,000, Kostritsyn three-bets to 677,000 total, Casale four-bets to 1,277,000, Kostritsyn moves all in and Casale calls. There is nearly 5 million in the pot.

Casale {J-Hearts}{J-Clubs}
Kostritsyn {A-Hearts}{A-Clubs}
JJ? JJ?! I'm sorry, but with $1.65 million AUD on the line, I don't call off the remainder of my stack with JJ. I don't get the dude's 4-bet: if he's pot committing himself, why not try to get some fold equity out of it and shove there? Sure it wouldn't affect this hand, as he'd get called in a heartbeat, but it could get QQ and AK to fold.

I just hate the idea of calling off my stack preflop with JJ ...then again, I'm the guy who posts about being on a bad run at $0.05/$0.10 NL :)

No comments: