Sunday, January 20, 2008

oh yea, freerolls

Well, since I'm still on emotional tilt, and it would not be responsible of me to put any real money on the line, what better to feed my poker itch than a couple Poker After Dark freerollls on FTP? Nevermind the "grand prize" for the 180 or 360-seat sit n go's is entrance into a 100 full tilt point tourny, "Why not?" I said. I quickly busted out of 2, then fired up 2 more: 1 180-seater, and 1 360 seater.

180 seater I busted in 6th. 360 seater, I'm now 4 of 7. This coming from someone who hadn't played in any tournament in over a month, closer to 2 months.

If I got paid off on hands in ring games like I did in these, I'd be quite a .... well, probably not wealthy, but I'm sure at least my bankroll would be very comfortable!

Preflop: JJ in SB. A couple limpers; I pot-raise. Button calls.
FLOP:8c 6d Jd

I 1/2-pot bet; button min-raises, I shove - INSTAcall:



ahh, that's the best on really. I'll spare you the silliness of more screen caps and HH's from a PAD freeroll.

Let's just say I was pretty happy with how I played. Sure, the fields are donk-filled, but to navigate through 352 or 174 people takes a little more than card catching. Cards help, but so does shoving or re-popping at the right times.

No comments: