Thursday, January 24, 2008

Tulalip - Two Thursday hands

Tulalip $3/$5

I've folded for 3 orbits, and observed insanely loose-passive play from most of the table, with one LAGGY raising and C-betting all but maybe one pot he's been in. He's been picking up a lot of dead money without having to show any cards. I'm UTG with KK. Awesome.

I raise to $20
Folds to Laggy in MP who calls, others fold. Pot = $48

FLOP: 6s 4c 10d
I check, hoping laggy will c-bet (like he has all but maybe 2 pots he's been in)
Laggy checks.

TURN: [6s 4c 10d] 3d
I bet $40
Laggy calls.
This looks like it could be 5-7, and I thought about this. However, I'm convinced he would have bet the flop with an OESD. (and yes, I believe 5-7 could easily have been in his range).

RIVER: [6s 4c 10d 3d] 5h
I check.
Laggy bets $50
I reluctantly call, almost certain I'm beat.

Laggy shows Ad 7h for the straight. First off, he called 4xs BB bet from an UTG player who had yet to play a hand in 45 minutes. Secondly, he made that call with A7o! FINALLY, that's right, he called $40 on the turn with a gut-shot; with the over that gave him 7 outs. Awesome call man, awesome call.

Why did I make this call when I was almost sure I was beat? He could have played AK the same way; he also could have believed I had AK, and once I checked the river it gave him the green light to make a play.

Nice thing about this evening for him: he made some awful calls on draws that hit; he's going to believe he played well, and play like that the next time too. And hopefully I'll have the privilege of sitting at his table in the future.

--------------------
--------------------

2 hours later, I'm stuck, and my stack has been whittled down to ~$100. A few new players just came to the table. My table image of über-tight won't matter at all now, and the short stack makes it look like I'm either playing like crap or am super unlucky.

MP raises to $15; MP+1 calls.
I call on the button with Ac Qs.

FLOP: 9c As 5s
MP bets $30, MP+1 folds
I push for $85 more; MP insta-calls.

Board: 9c As 5s 10c 3d

MP shows Ah 10d for 2 pair.

Awesome call with top pair/OK kicker. I can't see making that call on the flop. I was so glad he did, though - I'd love to be called in that spot ever time, with the dude chasing a 3-outer. Funny thing too, when we flipped our cards over he seemed genuinely surprised that I had him out-kicked.

Cold-decks suck.

No comments: