Saturday, January 12, 2008

more stats

...if you ever had doubts about how important position is in NLHE, consider my stats:
- I've won more money from the button than any other position.
- 2nd most profitable position: CO
- 3rd most: CO-1
- 4th most: CO-2

My stats read like a text book. And though I've won a higher percentage of hands from the BB than any other position (probably due to a large number of walks), I've lost more money from the BB than any other position.

Also:
My most losing hand (besides high card, which is probably from a combination of checking down from the BB and bad bluff attemtps) is one pair. I'm reminded again of The Little Green Book: don't go broke with one pair! I have more times than I'd like to admit.

Conversely, I've won more money with flushes than any other hand. I'm betting that's due strongly to the fact that at micro-limits I will limp in with any suited ace (and, if stacks are deep, will call a standard-size raise in position as well), and at these limits anyone with a flush thinks their golden: in other words, when I have a flush I most often have the nut flush (outside of the suited connectors that I play, and play a flush carefully).

Going over stats is a good thing for me: I'm either playing horribly, or just running really, really badly over the past week. Just the stats for position and the awful numbers for one-pair wins are really telling: I'm committing too much $$ out of position, trying too many bluffs, and paying off too many winners with just one pair.

No comments: