Sunday, December 9, 2007

Almost there:

I'm about 1 micro buy-in away from the big event: taking a stab at (gasp!) $0.10 / $0.25! It will take some adjustment, I know, as currently I'm multi-tabling 2 or 3 of the $10 tables. I won't be doing that a level up for a little while I know. I'm enjoying the multi-tabling, though, so again - no big rush to move up as I typically have about as much in play at once across 2-3 tables as I will at the next step up on one table (which helps minimize variance, yet also isn't able to make as big of a one-time score).

Two big hands: aces, and 56o :)

We got it all-in preflop here: I raised, he re-raised, I re-re-raised, he shoved I called:


2nd time in a half hour this table saw AA vs KK, and AA held up both times! Just unfortunate luck for him, really: there's no way you're getting away from KK preflop (hardly ever at any level, and especially at this level).

Next hand: 56o from the button. A couple limpers before me, I'm in position so I'll take a flop. I'd prefer suited connectors, but connectors are fun to play in position for a cheap flop (one of those hands that's easy to get away from on scary flops or lots of action):

*** HOLE CARDS ***
EP calls $0.10
MP calls $0.10
Victim calls $0.10
gsw61515 calls $0.10 with 5s 6d
SB folds
BB checks

*** FLOP *** [3s Ks 6c]
BB checks
EP checks
MP checks
Victim bets $0.20 <-- flush draw? taking a stab?
gsw61515 calls $0.20 <-- one pair, if he checks the turn I'm probably good
BB folds
EP folds
MP folds

*** TURN *** [3s Ks 6c] [5h] <-- MONEY!
Victim bets $0.50
gsw61515 has 15 seconds left to act
gsw61515 raises to $1.50
Victim has 15 seconds left to act
Victim raises to $7.05, and is all in <-- hope he's not overbetting the nuts
gsw61515 calls $4.30, and is all in
Victim shows [Kd Qh] <-- Top pair 2nd kicker all-in!
gsw61515 shows [5s 6d]
Uncalled bet of $1.25 returned to Victim

*** RIVER *** [3s Ks 6c 5h] [2c]
Victim shows a pair of Kings
gsw61515 shows two pair, Sixes and Fives
gsw61515 wins the pot ($11.25) with two pair, Sixes and Fives

Was a big raise to call on the turn, but I had to go with my gut (which, btw, was wrong: I thought nut-flush draw).

No comments: