Sunday, December 2, 2007

FINALLY... a losing session

So after about 2 straight weeks of winning sessions (earning a total of approx $80), I had a long, losing session tonight. I overplayed a couple hands, and probably got outplayed a couple hands.

Here's one I don't think I could help going broke on:

JackAce offsuit in the BB; I call a standard raise from the button. We get it all in on the flop.


Should I have put him on QJ? or QQ? Trips with an ace kicker was too good to consider laying down at this level.


Here's another that I just got outdrawn on:
Again, JackAce preflop, I make standard raise, called from MP. Ace on the flop, MP is a shorty, so I bet enough to put him all in. He even says, "ah, you got the ace," then calls:


They guy says, "Sorry." I then say thank you. "What for?" he asks. Well, I say, did you really think I had the ace? "Yes," is his reply. So I thank him again for putting all his money on the line for a 2-outer. I then try to encourage him that he's finally starting to get lucky, and that he should top-off since it'll be easier to get unstuck if he's got more cash on the table (he never did).


Here's one I just can't understand... I raise preflop with KQo (not a powerhouse, I know - I've been raising with connectors - big, mid, and small - all day), I get called by the big blind. I don't connect on the flop, but the BB checks, so I fire about 3/4 the pot. He calls. Turn pairs the board; it's checked to me and I fire again - about 3/4 pot, he calls. River puts 2 pair on the board, it's checked to me; I tank for a few seconds, then shove. Tell me: would you make this call?


Whether it was right to play my hand is irrelevant; if I'm checked to on each street, I've got to think he's either weak, or trapping. From earlier play he didn't seem sophisticated enough to trap; I honestly figured him for AK here (I'm amazed at how many people will call all the way down to the river with AK hoping to spike either). I'll make that play 100 times. I showed strength the entire way, and then at the end the guy check / calls all in with ace-high. Insane.


Here's a big pot: I'm in the BB with KKo. Cut-off raises to .35, button and small blind call; I pot-raise to somewhere around $2, button 9who'd been playing quite LAGGY, calls - what I was expecting). I bet the flop, button raised; I shoved, figuring he'd call with top pair or even a straight draw, which he did:



Next, 89o from the SB, flop was check/check; I bet the river, and was called by the button. I made a bit of a gutsy bet at the end, as there are a ton of cards that had me beat; however, if he had a Q, then he'd most likely have raised the turn to guard against the flush draw, so I put him on a draw (straight perhaps), or an under-pair. I pot bet the turn and the river:





NOW for the RNG weirdness: 4 times today, over 2 tables, I had the same hand on each table:

The first two were the same suits (but were reversed:):





I dunno what's up with that; if there's some weird RNG glitch going on, or just simple coincidence... I've been noticing it often lately (and have seen it written up on other blogs), so I don't think I'm making this all up.

SO - I ended up down about 2 buy-ins, after rallying back a little at the end of the session. I have to start seeing less flops (I'm hovering around 30%). That was supposed to be on my agenda for today, but I was having fun with all the action. :)

1 comment:

snakster said...

KQo is only good against AA, just ask Riggstad.

Question: Was the 'o' necessary in the sentence, "I'm in the BB with KKo."? If it was KK sooooooted, then I'd REALLY be concerned about the RNG.

Hope you get back on the plus side tonight.