Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Coolers

Remember the 22 boat over boat hand from my last post? Check this out:


What? Not enough coolers yet? OK then:


That's right - 3 times in 2 nights; 3 times in approx 700 hands, FLOPPED sets over sets. What are the odds? No, seriously, what are the odds? Does anyone know how to figure that out?

And just for kicks, here's some RNG-fun:


This is my 2nd hand at each of these tables, too...







fwiw I won the hand on the left...







This one I folded the one on the left as the one on the right was being dealt.







In a previous post I mentioned that there are 169 combinations of hands (ignoring suits). The odds of getting the same hand twice, then, is 1 in 169 while playing at one table; I don't know how to figure out what the odds are of seeing the exact same hand dealt at the exact same time over multiple tables.

Now, I'm FAR from saying FTP is "rigged" or fixed or anything - if I thought that I'd take my money and run. These instances in no way effect the play or the outcome, so it's not strategically important.

What I am suggesting, though, is that there is something funky with their RNG - either they're taking seed info based on something not randomized enough, or... something... I've seen it in the past, I've read in other blogs about it, and just the fact that I'm able to regularly capture multiple instances in the course of an hour or 2 of playing is quite compelling evidence.

1 comment:

snakster said...

I can't say for sure what the odds of one set over set. I seem to recall 100-1, but I could have dreamt that. However I suspect that the odds for someone else's set to be better than your set are greatest when you continue to play 22 like it's a good hand. But....you ARE playing cash games, so I suppose that should be taken into account on my end.

I note the lack of a hand history on today's set of 2s. One wonders when the money went in.