Saturday, December 29, 2007

Holly statistical crap

I finally ordered Poker Tracker, and am looking over my stats for the last 30 days (that's as long as I saved HH's unfortunately).

Well hell... at first glance I was shocked at how much I lost from the big blind ($68.35, by far the biggest amount from any position). Then, however, I looked again, and see that the amount required to post was $96.95. That means I paid 96.95 in blinds, and won 28.60.

I'd like to get this number a little more even: less loose-calling from the BB, and more raising or folding.

I also installed PokerAce HUD (trial so far), and if for nothing else but the C-bet percentages it's a keeper! After an hour at the same table as 2 aggressive players, each of them had a C-bet of 100. Obviously they weren't c-betting with pairs or better each time, so I loosened my requirements against them, and started playing back on the flop. I picked off a number of hands here.

I also found out that (besides 22, which I lost two monster pots with in set-over-set situations), KT0 is my leakiest hand - I've lost more with that hand than any (again, besides 22). And as I say that, I'm wondering now why the hell I'm playing it that often.

Win rate for AA is almost 97%; for KK is 87%. Surprising they're that high; goes to show how the mind selectively remembers those bad beats when my aces got cracked!

I'm psyched to dig through this and find more leaky hands & positions, and see if I need adjusting. I'm not at all unhappy with my play lately (while I may just be on an extended heater, I'd like to think much of my success over the past 3 months has been good playing); however if I can see that I've lost over 120 BB's with KTo, then it'd be prudent to take a look at that (and other hands with similarly crappy numbers), and make necessary adjustments (like, oh, I dunno, NOT PLAYING KTo!)

No comments: