Saturday, December 8, 2007

The benefits of tilting opponents

Just a few hands ago, Victim called an all-in when he hit top pair / 8-kicker on a Q97 board. Opponent had KK, and this really irked Victim. The player with KK was quite tricky, min-raising UTG, and smooth calling a pot-size flop bet by victim, and shoving the turn. Here is some chatter from Victim after that hand:

Victim: wtf are you talking about my call was good i justdidnt have the right cards
Victim: i had no way to know you had KK dumbass
Victim: because you just call preflop and call the flop
Victim: learn how to bet proper
Victim: and maybe people will take your cards seriously


Clearly, this guy is not quite as good as he imagines.

While the other players at the table were egging him on, I was consoling him a bit, telling him it was a tough beat and he couldn't have played it any differently. I like to make friends with the fish; makes them think I'm on their side and gives them further justification for their bad play (which hopefully will continue in future hands against me).

He's destined to tilt off some money, so if someone can get lucky and pick up a monster, he's probably getting felted. Thankfully, I got to be that someone:


*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to gsw61515 [Kh Ks]
Victim raises to $0.30 from UTG
gsw61515 raises to $1.05 from UTG+1 <-- no need to slow play from EP: he won't respect the raise anyway


Victim: im sick of this table anyway
Victim: im all in
Victim: when its my turn
gsw61515: I call <-- only reason I said this was b/c the only 2 ppl who hadn't folded yet only had like $1.

Victim raises to $5.65, and is all in
gsw61515 calls $4.60

Victim shows [Jc Ac]
gsw61515 shows [Kh Ks]

*** FLOP *** [3s Qh Qs]
*** TURN *** [3s Qh Qs] [7s]
*** RIVER *** [3s Qh Qs 7s] [3h]

Victim shows two pair, Queens and Threes
gsw61515 shows two pair, Kings and Queens
gsw61515 wins the pot ($10.35) with two pair, Kings and Queens
Victim is sitting out

The only unfortunate thing was this guy left the table. I really wish he'd reloaded, but I'll be looking for him...

A while ago I said something about moving up a level after my roll got to a certain spot. Well, I hit that spot, but what I want to do is log another couple buy-ins at this level, and use that for one shot at the next level, and see how the play is there. If it's as horrid as at the lowest of the low, then I'll probably stay there.

I have no need to move quickly, I'm in no rush - so I want to ensure my comfort before moving up one.

No comments: