Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Friggin' nines

f'n mookie. Did the best I ever did in one, which unfortunately was out in 27th (9 away from a cash).

Early near double-up:


Raised from in position; flop was check / bet / check-raise / call; turn check/check; river check / bet / SHOVE / INSTAcall - gg Ikkak. Why insta with a 4-high flush? Because I decided on the turn I'd have to call a shove. I'm either good or I'm gone; also why else would I play suited connectors unless a flush was a possible winner?

This hand I got called a donk for calling an all-in on the flop:

emptyman said "I got rivered," someone said "nh," I said "I think you were beat before the river" and emptyman said something like "nh? I had tptk donk." Hopefully he was not serious, or he was just drunk...

I got outplayed in a hand that dropped me down a bit (I had been in the top 10 - 15 most of the tourny after the first posted hand), raised with 99, called a shove:


This got me shortish. Then there's a late position raise, I have 99 in the sb, I shove for only 1200 more; stack size / pot-size pretty much forced a call from the raiser with 78o. This got me up a bit. Few hands later, AQs in the sb, button shortstack shoves, I reshove, folds: AQ v Q10, I survive and back up to 16th.

I find 99 again in EP; standard raise; button big-stack re-raises. Hoping he's stealing I shove:


I almost folded, as the re-raise seemed smaller than I expected. Oh, well.

9's three times, and twice up against AA.

I'm goin' back to my little cash tables to win my buy-in back...

No comments: